Pão de Queijo is a staple in every Brazilian household, specially when we serve coffee for friends and family visiting. Here in the U.S., it became famous by being served in all Brazilian steakhouses or if you know any Brazilian living here, they might had them in one of their fun parties. And what a great recipe to make while you and your friend watch the Rio 2016 Olympic Games!
I must admit that we used to buy them frozen at our favorite Portuguese/Brazilian grocery store here in Northern Virginia, but not anymore. Be ready to make theses delicious and addictive cheese bread with only 6 ingredients, a blender and a mini muffin pan or if you want them bigger you could use a cupcake pan, in only 20 minutes! YES!!
The only ingredients that you might not have already in your pantry is tapioca flour. Nowadays you can find in any major supermarket next to other specialty flours. Now, if your city have Asian markets you can get it for a very good price, they sometimes call it cassava or manioc flour. Tapioca flour is gluten free, so you can use this recipe as a great option for gluten free bread (using the cupcake pan) and make yummy panini sandwiches. Let me know on the comments below if you made them or tag me on social media or use the hashtag #bewhatwelove .
Quick Brazilian Cheese Bread
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups tapioca flour
- 2/3 cup grated mozzarella/parmesan (or Mexican blend cheeses )
- 1 teaspoon of salt (or more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender and pulse or low-speed blend until combined.
- Pour the mixture into greased mini muffin pans or cupcake pans for a bigger bread puff
- Fill each cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until a little golden brown
- Let them cool and enjoy!